Research at Paris Seine covers all academic disciplines except medicine and can be grouped into four main scientific areas:
- Formal Sciences and Modelling;
- Natural Sciences and Engineering;
- Economics, Business, Law, and Politics;
- Humanities, Arts, and Education.
The academic community of the Paris-Seine Initiative is structured in 25 research centers or laboratories. Nine of them are cooperated with the French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS). (Please click on the laboratory’s name to access its website and contacts).
|Formal sciences and modelling||Website||Economics, business, law, and politics||Website|
|Theoretical physics||LPTM||Business and management||ESSEC|
|Computer science||ETIS||Law and political science||CESDIP, CPJP, LEJEP|
|Natural sciences and engineering||Website||Humanities, art, education||Website|
|Experimental physics and astrophysics||LPMS, LERMA||Education and didactics||BONHEURS, EMA, LDAR|
|Biology||ERMECCE, LAMBIE||History, cultural and area studies||AGORA|
|Earth sciences||GEC||Languages and literature||AGORA, LT2D|
|Electronics and electrical engineering||SATIE||Linguistics||LT2D|
|Mechanics and civil engineering||L2MGC|
Addressing cross-cutting topics, interdisciplinary and intersectoral research is also stimulated through the following three transversal structures:
- The MME-DII Laboratoire d’excellence gathers researchers in Mathematics, Economics, Physics and Computer Science and develops innovative models of uncertainty, interactions and dynamics. Some of the targeted application areas include economics, finance and social sciences.
- The Fondation des Sciences du Patrimoine (Foundation for Heritage Science) gathers researchers from humanities, arts and sciences for the study, preservation and restoration of cultural heritage, in partnership with leading national and international cultural institutions.
- A third transversal research group focuses on risk and security issues and gathers researchers in data and computer science, experimental sciences, social sciences and external experts in forensics, criminology and security.
The Paris Seine research community offers high-quality research facilities and cutting-edge equipment including technological platforms for materials analysis, molecular diagnosis and characterization, digital technologies :
PATRIMEX (laser platform for the analysis of material for cultural heritage), PeptLab (molecular diagnosis), COSMETOMICS (characterization and analysis of cosmetic substances), TechEduLab (digital technologies for education), Smart Embedded Systems (digital technologies in health-care, with ENSEA). It plays a leading role in the large European infrastructure E-RHIS. ESSEC operates an Experimental Laboratory for economics, psychology and behavioral science. Université Paris Seine is also a member of several national technological platforms Robotex (in the field of robotics), the Synchrotron Soleil, ATTOLAB (rapid electronic dynamic), Vedecom (carbon-free vehicules).
A detailed presentation of the research environment offered at Paris Seine can be found on the ‘research’ pages of each institution’s website:
- For UCP : https://www.u-cergy.fr/en/research.html
- For ESSEC Business School : http://www.essec.edu/en/pages/faculty-and-research/research/support-for-research-our-priorities/
- For EISTI : https://eisti.fr/fr/la-recherche